Monday, September 28, 2015

Shirt, hair and Oktoberfest









Last night was the famous Oktoberfest.
A little bit of history: In October 1810 the citizens of Munich were invited to celebrate a royal festivity in fields named Theresienwiese (Theresa's field). As the name of the field was to long the locals abbreviated the name to Wies'n (fields). Horse races marked the close of this event that was celebrated for the whole of Bavaria. The decision to repeat the horse races in the following year gave rise to the tradition of the Oktoberfest.
Over the years the traditional horse racing was no longer held and the agricultural show marked it's place. Later on the visitors could quench their thirst with beer.
Today, the Oktoberfest is still held at the Wies'n and is apparently one of the largest festival in the world. The usual outfit worn at the Oktoberfest is called Tracht, men wear shirts with Lederhosen and women wear a Dirndl.

This year I decided to not get a Dirndl and got my hair done instead. I must say I am happy with how it turned out, but I think the hairdresser didn't fully understand what I wanted and it ended up looking too bridal…
Before heading to the party I had to run some errands in the city so I wore this long shirt with ripped jeans and, of course, my favourite lace-up flats. I teamed this look with my metal box bag for an extra original touch.
This blue & white striped shirt was definitely a great buy and I can't wait to wear it with other outfits as soon as the chilly days start kicking in! 

What were your plans over the weekend?
Many thanks to Crowns & Petticoats for making this lovely crown!

Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Zara
Shoes: Zara
Bag: Asos

15 comments:

  1. I love the hair! I think the only bridal item is the white item, except for that looks really nice to me!
    I am not a fan of the Oktoberfest, has been years I am not going there, I suppose I should come back sooner or later!

    Corie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. oktoberfest outfit

    ReplyDelete

  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post.

    biker jacket

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thanks, for such a great post. I have tried and found it really helpful.
    Women leather jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Visit our website too.men's leather jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shoes style i really like it:)........Aviator jackets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I want to inform you that we are manufacturer of all kind of leather products. We are manufacturing the best quality leather products. Order us for your service. We will not let you down. Thank you
    shearling jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice information thanks for sharing valuable content with us...
    biker jacket

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shirt goes well with the jeans. Thank for sharing this idea. Great job. Check my styles at áo sơ mi nữ đẹp

    ReplyDelete
  10. href="https://www.jackleathers.com/">I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Visit our website too.men's leather jacket

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Visit our website too
    black and yellow varsity jacket

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Visit our website too
    big gold championship belt
    Aligner Pliers
    red and black varsity jacket
    red letterman jacket

    ReplyDelete